- Protection from disease: Dark chocolate has the ability to fight free radicals which are harmful compounds that can contribute to inflammation and chronic disease
- Potential Cancer Prevention: Flavonoids and antioxidants found in chocolate may be beneficial against colon cancer
- Improved Heart Health: Flavonoids have a very positive effect on hart health by reducing blood pressure and improving blood flow to the heart
- Protects Skin Health: some research indicates that regular consumption of chocolate may reduce skin toughness, enhance hydration and improve blood flow. One top benefit is its ability to protect against sun damage
- Antioxidant Superfood: Antioxidant capacity of dark chocolate was higher that all superfoods except pomegranate. The flavonal content of cocoa powder is 30.1 milligrams
**Eating a bit of dark chocolate daily for a week can lead to a 6% decrease in “bad” LDL and a 9% increase in beneficial HDL.