1. Obesity is linked to obstructive sleep apnea. Losing just 10 pounds can help prevent fatty tissue in your throat from sealing off your airway at night.
2. Reduce Risk of Dementia: Losing 7 pounds may help prevent memory loss and decline in mental function know as dementia. AMA found an increased risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in persons with BMI over 30 during mid-life years.
3. Decreased Risk of Death: 10 lbs can decrease your risk of early death and increase your life span. Extreme obesity can shorten your life by as much as 14 yrs.
4. Lower Blood Sugar: Type 2 can be prevented or reversed with weight loss. If you can lose 4 -10 percent of your body weight, you’ll lower your risk of developing diabetes by 58%.
5. Ease Arthritis: We know inflammation is underlying all chronic illness. Reducing inflammation in the body helps you think better. Losing just 10 lbs would relieve 40 lbs of pressure from your knees and 60 lbs of pressure from your hips.