Nature has provided us with naturally detoxifying foods to help us efficiently eliminate toxins from out bodies.
Why Bother Detoxing?
Unless you live in a bubble, you absorb health-damaging toxins through your bloodstream every single day.
- Sauerkraut – as a fermented food it contains bacteria (probiotics) for healthy gut micro biome
- Eggs – They contain sulfur, which is a mineral abundant in protein rich foods. Sulfur is a key detoxification nutrient
- Cruciferous Vegetables – The basic family includes kale, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. Kale, Brussels sprouts and broccoli all help detox the liver of alcohol, fats and chemicals.
- Garlic – Garlic contains Allicin, which gives world-renowned health benefits such as being a natural antimicrobial.
- Lemon –The citric acid helps stimulate acid production, which improves digestive function and proper elimination of toxins.
- Turmeric – Reduces inflammation that can be caused by toxins (such as heavy metals) – It’s healing properties has been used in Indian Medicines
- Nuts and Seeds – All nuts and seeds except for peanuts contain VHE, an antioxidant vitamin that helps protect the body against oxidative stress (free radicals)
- Wild Salmon – Omega 3 essential fatty acids are important nutrients for liver health – Helps reduce inflammation of liver which is caused by toxins (such as alcohol)